Belarusian State Archive Museum of Literature and Art
Belarusian State Archives-Museum of Literature and Art was created June 9, 1960 as the Central State Archive of Literature and Art of the Byelorussian SSR, but March 24, 1976 the museum was reorganized in Central State Archive-Museum of Literature and Art of the BSSR. From 21 May 1993 and to this day the museum is known as the Belarusian State Archives-Museum of Literature and Art. This archive museum is renowned for being one of the leading national archival organizations in Belarus, the most important source for the history of culture of Belarus. There are widely presented the documents related to the history of formation and development of Belarusian literature, performing and visual arts, the musical life of the national cinema.
The total number of museum items: 109 462, of which 583 - museum objects; Scientific and reference library has 31,597 books, 23,296 journals, 18,654 newspaper. Chronologically, the exhibits cover the period from 1812 to the present, some of the materials are copies of documents XIII-XIX centuries. The exhibits presented in the museum were collected from the archives of not only in Belarus, but also in the former provinces of the Russian Empire, which was brought from Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Russia, Australia, the Czech Republic, the USA, France and England.
The composition of funds: most of the archive of museum-up funds of personal origin of culture of Belarus, the documents covering the period XIX-XX centuries. The earliest of them are documents of M. Bogdanovich, Bogushevich F., J. Braitseva, C. Veras, I. Grigorovich, A. Hurynovich, Dreyztina Yu, V. Dunin-Marcinkiewicz, K. Kagantsa (K.K Kostrovitsky) Ya Lucino, A. Nekanda-Trails, B. Epimah-Shipilov and many others.
The arhve Belarusian State Museum of Literature and Art contains a unique and highly valuable documents and materials on the history of Belarusian culture. Among them: notebook father of writer and artist K. Kagantsa, "Belarusian archive of ancient letters" A. Grigorovich, a chronicle of the parish church Dukorskogo Peter and Paul Church, the ethnographic record A. Hurynovich and others.
Research activities: Museum archive is preparing a collection of documents and publications on teaching Archeology, Archaeological writing publications, articles and prepares reports for the international and national conferences, organizes and conducts Uzvyshevskie traditional and historical reading in May and October, on the basis of the collections gives readings. In addition, the Belarusian State Archives-Museum of Literature and Art holds literary evenings at the opening of exhibitions.
Exposure - Belarusian State Archive Museum of Literature and Art
- «Chronicler memorable days: the 115th anniversary of Michael Lynkov» The temporary exhibition, which presents a selection of materials of the exhibition «The chronicler of memorable days: to the 115th anniversary of the birth of Mikhail Lynkov», which was opened in BGAMLI December 11, 2014.
- «Exhibition on the 90th anniversary of Belarusian cinema» The exhibition is devoted to just three significant for national cinema dates: the 90th anniversary of Belarusian cinema, the 130th anniversary of the birth of George Tarich (1885 - 1967) and the 115th anniversary of the birth of Vladimir Korsch-Sablin (1900 - 1974).
Schedule Belarusian State Archive Museum of Literature and Art
- Administration 08:30 - 17:30 weekend Saturday, Sunday
- Cash 08:30 - 17:30 weekend Saturday, Sunday
- Exposure 08:30 - 17:30 weekend Saturday, Sunday