Manor of Skirmuntes
Manor in Shemetovo - monument of manor-park architecture, is one of the most ancient manors in territory of Belarus. Name Shemetovo occurs on behalf of a family of great antiquity Shemetov (the arms – the Swan) which once were owners of these earths. During the existence by owners of Shemetovshchiny there were representatives of known sorts. Boleslav Skirmunt became last owner of Shemetovo manor.
From all constructions in manor territory have remained: a stone church, плебания, economic constructions (a barn, a smithy). As the park has remained small fragments. The system of artificial ponds put in the beginning in a XVIII century on the area about 100 hectares, after reconstruction is used by a fish economy of National park ”Narochansky”.
Manor-park complex occupied the big territory of a hill and had symmetrically – an axial composition where the farmstead house was the composite center. The farmstead wooden house in forms of architecture of baroque has been constructed by Andrey (Andrzej) Sulistrovskij in second half of XVIII century. Near the house the regular park is put. Manor reorganization has begun in first half of XIX-th century, when its owners of a steel of Skirmunt. The wooden farmstead house has been reconstructed in style of classicism, to its extended facade the stone columned portico on a high ramp with a balustrade is attached. The regular park has been reconstructed in the landscape. The house has burned down in 1943. Till our time, the main composite axis of manor – rectilinear central avenue in length about 2 km which passes through all territory. The avenue is surrounded by a linden, an ash-tree, an alder. Economic constructions (a barn, a smithy, винокурня) round a hill are erected on boundary ХIХ – the XX-th centuries from a red brick, неоштукатурены. All constructions, one-storeyed, rectangular in the plan, are executed in Simple forms, are deprived a decor.reveal all text