Polotsk natural ecological museum
Nature and Environment Museum opened on September 3, 2005 and is part of the National Polotsk Historical and Cultural Museum-Reserve. The exposition of the museum housed in a former water tower, built in 1953, building height 32.7 m, a diameter of 8 meters Exhibition area of 300 m2, exhibited more than a thousand objects of natural history collections. The four-level museum exposition "strung" on a ladder, symbolizing the Tree of Life. According to this tree can reach into other worlds. This idea is expressed the relationship between man and the universe, the meaning of his earthly and divine nature. Journey through a spiral staircase Natural-ecological museum allows us to look into the various "worlds" of nature and the environment, to climb to the top of environmental consciousness. The first level - "Belarus - Our Home" tells the story of biological diversity and unique nature of Belarus. The second level - "Dowry civilization" introduces the environmental problems of the modern city. The third level - "Protected areas" tells the story of reserves and natural monuments, species listed in the Red Book. The fourth level is placed film and lecture and exhibition hall, as well as a viewing platform, which offers a magnificent view of the city.
Territory Museum of Nature and Environment is a small landscaped garden with a large variety of ornamental plants and a pond, which is inhabited by fish. From early spring to late autumn garden decorated with flowers and fancy shape and color the leaves of plants. Leaning over the pond, curiously examines fish crane, which is created from dry grass gardener Urban Svetlana. To reflect on the problems of the relationship between man and nature visitor begins to inspection by the sculpture exhibition Slobodchikova B. "The fish in the sun. Environmental motive, "I award a diploma to international sculpture exhibition in China.
Nature and Environment Museum offers adults and children: tours of the museum -
reviews and thematic; journey through the museum with a game guide "Kaleidoscope
of mysteries and discoveries", see the following films by natural environmental
issues: a series of films - Chernobyl jungle (7 films) film series - Chernobyl -
heaven and hell for animals (6 films).
The protected Belarus, Berezin reserve: Yesterday and Today, Bialowieza Forest, Polesskiy Radiation Ecological Reserve, Reserve "Mouth of the deer."
Nature for Kids: Magic meadow, From the life of a young swan, conquerors of the sky, The Best House, Prickly history, Adventure pig winged rainbow, Life Turov meadow, Why a beaver scratched nose?, Turtle and Friends, Living Water, Forest hide and seek, wolf named Daya Path Wolf, Bear autumn. birds of Belarus: Water. Birds with 1 part water (5 short films), Water. Bird on the Water Part 2 (5 short films), Birds near human part 1 (6 short films), Birds near human part 2 (6 short films).
A series of films about the events of spring and the plants: Primroses (3 short films), Medicinal Plants (4korotkometrazhnyh the film), in the realm of cormorants and herons, toads on the roads.
A series of films about the ravenous Birds Cats nights (3 films), Carnivorous mammals (3 films), Birds of prey (5 short films), the Raptors.
Film Series-arguments about the relationship between man and nature: Charmed swamps, the Great Forest, Last eagles. The river of life, the World Aquatic Warbler.
Note: In the summer, (from1 June to 31 August), the museum is open from 10.00 to 18.00 every day except Monday.
Photo - Polotsk natural ecological museum
Exposure - Polotsk natural ecological museum
- aquariums 5 aquarium are in the museum and all are different not only in size and design, but also on the species diversity they contain fish. Fauna: the hedgehog, white stork, crow, raven gray, muskrat, lynx, waxwing, gray (or ordinary) owl, common nightingale, owl, honorik.
- ”amazing exhibit” skull fragment with huge horns, which belonged to an extinct animal tour or primitive ox, the ancestor of European domestic cattle that once lived on the territory of Belarus. The exhibit is a gift of Alexander Pavlovich Vinogradov, who brought the find to the lodge and told the story of its discovery by draining the swamp near the village Bezdedovichi Polotsk district. The last tour was killed in 1627. Here it may be time and date of the tour life, the horns of which can be seen in the museum.
- ”кaleidoscope of mysteries and discoveries” game guide for young visitors to the museum. It will help to explore the exposition of the museum and its most interesting exhibits. The most attentive and inquisitive travelers who have completed all the tasks the game guide, will be rewarded with prizes
- Belarus underwater photos were taken in 2011 in the village of chalk quarries Krasnoselskiy, Volkovysk, Grodno region, which recently have been flooded. In some places they already show signs of life - algae, the ubiquitous frogs and fish fry. Most of the photographs participated in Belarus Press Photo 2012, and took first place in the Nature series
Schedule Polotsk natural ecological museum
- Administration 10:00 - 17:00 weekend Monday
- Cash 10:00 - 17:00 weekend Monday
- Exposure 10:00 - 17:00 weekend Monday