Museum Mir Castle Complex
Mir Castle Complex XVI-XX centuries. in Mir - a monument of historical and cultural value of national significance and world cultural heritage by UNESCO. First mentioned in the settlement of Mir in 1395 "Chronicle Lindenblata».
Mir Castle was built in the XVI century, has experienced a number of historical eras, saturated by political, economic and cultural events and is example of castle architecture Belarus XV-XX centuries. In 1987, the castle became a branch of the National Art Museum of Belorussian SSR (since 1993 - the National Art Museum of Belarus). In 1988, the government passed a Decret BSSR "On the status of Mir castle as a historical and cultural value of national importance. " In 1989, approved a new project to restore the castle, in which the capacity for museum display. In 1991, a restoration project of the MirCastle and its progress expertise approved by UNESCO. In October 1992, the museum exhibition is open to the south-west tower.
In December 2000, the castle complex "Mir" is included in the list of world cultural heritage by UNESCO as an outstanding example of a central European castle, which reflects the gradual change of cultural styles (Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque). In form and appearance of the ensemble reflects a long history of political and cultural confrontations and interactions. Since 2006 began active restoration of the castle. In March 2008 the Ministry of Culture approved the "scientific concept museification Castle complex "Mir". In april 2011 - Mir Castle received the status of an independent museum. Currently castle complex "Mir" is a historical and cultural monument, cultural-educational and educational-cultural institution. At the same time it carries out research and publishing activities, provides a range of fee-based services. The architectural complex includes a lock XVI-XX centuries, earthworks XVI-XVII centuries, the landscape and the formal garden, an artificial lake, outbuilding, a chapel, the tomb of princes Svyatopolk-Mirsky with a house and a caretaker's gate, a roadside chapel on an area of about 25 hectares. Display area halls of the museum is 2806 6 m2. Operates 38 permanent exhibitions. The total number of museum objects - 2215 of them are general fund - 337, auxiliary science - 1878.
he castle has two conference rooms for events at a high level, a hotel with 15 rooms, a restaurant serving cuisine antique, gift shop with products of Belarusian artists.
On concert stages Castle complex is traditionally held music and jousting festivals, arts festivals and crafts, lectures, museum studies, museum holidays.
Traditional arts festivals: "Mir Castle" - the festival sound ancient works, spiritual writings and pop Music. Director of the festival - People's Artist of Belarus, Professor M. Finberg "Musical evenings in the Mir Castle" - concerts of artists of Belarus. International festival of the Middle Ages "Heritage of the ages" - one of the largest in the country and in Eastern Europe, the historical reconstruction of events.>
Photo - Mir Castle Complex
Exposure - Mir Castle Complex
- ”Armament” collection consists of 9 pieces: weapons, war materials XVI-XIX centuries.
- ”Аrcheology” Collection includes 35 exhibits, stove tiles, their elements XVI-XVIII centuries.
- ”Arts and crafts” the collection includes 28 exhibits: interior decoration items handmade, their elements XII-XX centuries.
- ”Numismatics” collection consists of 59 pieces: coins XV-XVII centuries.
- ”Household items” collection consists of 97 pieces: kitchen utensils, personal items XVII-XX centuries.
- ”Interior items” collection consists of 85 pieces: furniture, mirrors, chandeliers, clocks, etc. XVI-XX centuries.
- Portrait hall reconstruction of the interior of 1740-1750's. Images of the castle's owners reflect the history of the family "in the people," testified about the antiquity of the Radziwill family, his knightly and military glory, participation in nation-building, emphasize high aristocratic dignity magnates.
- Dining room the main ceremonial room of the palace of the Renaissance. Hall was renovated for the period end XVI - XVII in the middle. Dining hut is central to the planning of the palace and has a considerable size, the presence of a large tiled stove with official symbols, overhead lighting (chandelier).
- Library prince Michael Sviatopolk-Mirsky exposure to the library renovated the interior of the castle 1930. The library is not only the books of several generations of ancestors, but the family archives, old prints and maps, current magazines and newspapers. There is only one documentary source - Photo 1930, which Prince M. Sviatopolk-Mirsky shown reading a round table with a lamp.
- Cabinet owner of the castle of Prince Mikhail Nikolaevich Sviatopolk-Mirsky office building located in the East of the castle. The decor is known according to the memoirs of contemporaries and several photos.
Schedule Mir Castle Complex
- Administration 09.00 - 18.00 without days off
- Cash 10:00 - 17.20 without days off
- Exposure 10.00 - 17.20 without days off