Motol museum of folk arts ”Our Roots”
Motol museum of folk arts was opened in 1995. The main purpose of the museum - the collection, preservation and promotion of folk art, crafts and folklore of the region, which fully disclose the museum and the multiple forms of presentation of the exhibition material.
Over the many years of work to promote and popularize folk art and traditional crafts museum was awarded a special prize of the President of Belarus, Winner of the contest "Discover Belarus" in namination "Best tourist attraction."
The museum consists of two buildings, a demonstration area of halls which is 870 м2. The number of permanent exhibitions at the Museum: 8, temporary/mobile displays: 1. The total number of museum objects: 26 344, of which fixed assets: 17 773, auxiliary science: 8 571.
Museum annually on a calendar cycle holds cultural events "Day off at the Museum" a concert "Zhyvy guk." This is one of the most interesting ritual activities to include tastings Motol vysmak, songs and traditional dances.
Photo - Motol museum of folk arts ”Our Roots”
Exposure - Motol museum of folk arts ”Our Roots”
- History and country life Presented diorama Motol marketplace XVI century, panorama of Motol and Yaselda since XVII century, the interior of a peasant house of XIX century, vehicles poleshukov, showcases archaeological, archival documents.
- Crafts and trades Represents products of masters in wood, straw and basket weaving, blacksmithing and saddlery craft, a unique collection of woodworking tools.
- Farming Reflects the traditional rituals of the agricultural cycle, according to the year-round national calendar. Presented tools peasant.
- Flax hall Reveals flax processing technology with hand tools. The exposition includes a large number of pictorial material of the first half of the XX century.
- Weaving Reveals the characteristic features of the regional weaving in Polesie. Presented woven products (handbrake, tablecloths, postilki, carpets) Pinsk, Brest, Berezovsky regions. Central to the room is occupied with products Motol weavers.
- Clothing hall Reflect national characteristics Drogichin, Motol, Pinsk temperaments clothes. Demonstrated hats, aprons, top winter and autumn clothes. Exposition hall complements the rich illustration material first half of XX century.
- Rites Complex materials hall introduces rites (winter, spring, summer, fall, family) and their rich traditions of.
- Mill deal Housed in a building a windmill. Introduces the history of flour milling business in сity.
- Exhibition hall Regularly in the exhibition: the stock (embroidery, weaving, drawing on glass, tableware, wooden sculpture, thematic (achievements masters Brest district).
Individual and corporate excursions - Motol museum of folk arts ”Our Roots”
Schedule Motol museum of folk arts ”Our Roots”
- Administration 10:00 - 17:00 without days off
- Cash 10:00 - 17:00 without days off
- Exposure 10:00 - 17:00 without days off