Photo - Pershai
Location - Pershai
Persha is located 12 km south-east of the district center of Volozhin. The M6 highway (Minsk - Grodno) passes through the agro-town, here the road P54 (Pershai - Ivenets - Stolbtsy) branches off from it. A small river Pershayka flows through the village, which is 5 km south-west of the village and flows into Isloch. South-west of Pershai agro-town, swamp forests begin, turning into Nalibokskaya Forest.reveal all text
History of the development - Pershai
The first settlement was mentioned in 1492, since 1493 the property of the Vilna bishop Wojciech.
In 1539 Pershai had the status of a town, there existed a church and two taverns.
As a result of the second partition of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (1793), Pershai became part of the Russian Empire.
Since 1858, the estate belonged to the Tyszkiewicz family, who built a manor in Persiah.
According to the Riga Peace Treaty (1921), Pershai became part of the inter-war Polish Republic, in Stolbtsy, and since 1926 the Volozhin district of Novogrudok voivodship.
In 1933, on the site of an old wooden Catholic church, a stone building of the temple of St. George was built.
Since 1939 as part of the BSSR.
Individual and corporate excursions - Pershai
- Dates on request
- Duration: 12:00 hour
- certified guide services
- transport services