ekskursii.by

Belarusian excursion portal

Soly

Photo - Soly

The population: 1.4 thousand. Status: Village The year of foundation: XVI в. Grodno region, Smorgon district

Location - Soly

Soly is an urban village on the river Oshmyanka, the center of the Solsky Village Council of the Smorgon District of the Grodno Region. Railway station on the line Molodechno - Vilnius. Located in 15 kilometers west of Smorgon, in 140 kilometers north-west of Minsk.

reveal all text

History of the development - Soly

For the first time, Soly is mentioned in the XVI century as a village of the Vilno voivodeship, which was in the gentry property. Catholic parish in Soly was founded in 1589. At the same time, the first wooden church was built at the expense of Hetman Christopher Radziwill.
As a result of the third section of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (1795), Soly became part of the Russian Empire, where it became the center of the Oshmyany district.
In 1920 it entered the Middle Lithuania.
According to the Riga Peace Treaty (1921), Soly was a part of interwar Poland.
In 1939, Soly entered the BSSR, where on October 12, 1940 they became the center of the village council of the Smorgon district.

reveal all text

Tourism potential - Soly

Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary Ruzhenсevoj in Soly - one of the most unusual and beautiful churches in Belarus. reveal all text

Individual and corporate excursions - Soly

Location map - Soly

GPS Google: 54.517332′ N, 26.186944′ E