St. Nicholas Church in Stankovo
St. Nicholas Church has been erected at the expense of Count Emeric-Nicholas von Hutten Czapski in 1858 in honor of St. Nicholas. This church became the dominant axis of all the architectural and park complex.
The project of the church, Count Czapski acquired two thousand silver rubles, belongs to architect the court of His Imperial Majesty Konstantin Ton, better known as the creator of the temple of Christ the Savior in Moscow.
Six years erected a church and 15(28) in August 1858 on the feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, it was consecrated by the Archbishop of the Diocese of Minsk Mikhail Golubovich. For the construction of this temple Gosudarёm Emperor Alexander II Czapski Emerick was declared «... the highest gratitude».
There is an interesting legend, telling that in the XIX century in the St. Nicholas Church can be reached by underground passage, held under the lake than at the remembrance of the chroniclers, during the consecration of the church and Count Czapski Emerick took. After passing through an underground corridor, which is now half-submerged, it suddenly all came in the temple. After the service, the Count donated a large sum coming, do not forget to give farmers money. Thereby he tried to strengthen relations with the local Orthodox population, residing in the territory of his vast estate.
In the middle of the XX century the church was blown up. Since 2007, work is underway to restore Stankovo St. Nicholas Church.reveal all text