Stankovo manor and park complex Czapski
Manor in Stankovo - a monument to the manor and park architecture of the second half of XIX century belonged to czapski family, who conductes family tree since X century. Proud motto «Life - to Fatherland, honor - to no one» is charted on the Emblem of Czapski «Leliva»
The Estate included a stone palace, the kitchen wing, «skarbchik» residential outbuilding, brick barn, the economic court, chapel, the entrance of Brahma, the greenhouse, heated greenhouse, park. The palace hasn't preserved. Gate arches in a form of three-bay is located at the eastern entrance, where there was a family crest - hexagonal star above a crescent on a blue background. Kitchen wing is well-preserved , built in 1880 in the classical style. Now there is a medical prison in the building. Water tower and a residential wing - Г-shaped building, erected in 1900 in Neo-Gothic style, have been partially preserved. The barn is built of hewn stone quarry with high pitched roof. Time has been kind to outbuildings, cowshed has been also preserved. There was a breeding factory in the estate, where the Swedish-Tyrolean and Dutch cows were breeded.
Special interest represents «Skarbchik». The building was constructed in 1880 and was associated with the Palace an underground passage, is a two-story medieval castle with four corner towers. Skarbchik was built as a museum. Emerik Czapski has been an avid collector and turned his house into the center of the museums in Belarus. The museum has 8 departments: Archaeology, numismatics, heraldry, sphragistics, manuscripts, old printed books, jewelry, vintage clothing, weapons, tools, antique furniture, tapestries, paintings, ceramics. During the war, a rich collection was evacuated to Krakow.
Stankovo landscape park is partially preserved. The presence of rare species of trees - Exotics is a speciality of museum. Also there were wonderful trees growing back up in the park .reveal all text