Nicholas monastery with the church of St. Onufriy
Current Orthodox nunnery erected in the name of Saint. Nicholas. Construction of the monastery began in XVII century, when the Metropolitan of Kiev Petro received the consent of the Polish king Wladyslaw IV to the construction of the church in Mogilev St. Nicholas.
At the beginning of the XVIII century the monastery was attacked Swedes, and later - after the liberation of the Russian troops - Tatar and Kalmyk shelves. St. Nicholas monastery was set on fire, and significantly suffered during the fire. In 1793, with the Archbishop George (Konissky) was started construction of the temple of the winter heated near the St. Nicholas Cathedral, which is Was consecrated in 1798, it is now Onufrievsky temple.
Did not escape the persecution of the church of the monastery during the Soviet
authorities. In 1937 at St. Nicholas Cathedral was a transit prison.
In 1996 the monastery was established by the sisterhood of the Holy Martyrs
Faith, Hope, Love and their mother Sophia .
The monastery contains lists Mogilev-Bratsk Icon of the Mother of God, Virgin Healthcare, as well as icons ”Beneficial heaven”. Of particular value is Nicholas Church (1669). The decor of the church - wooden iconostasis.reveal all text
Photo - Nicholas monastery with the church of St. Onufriy
Individual and corporate excursions - Nicholas monastery with the church of St. Onufriy
- Dates on request
- Duration: 2 day
- excursions according to the program
- certified guide services
- transport services