The complex Jesuit Collegium in Orsha
Jesuit College is a monument of Baroque architecture. It was built in 1604 for the Jesuits Chancellor of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania Lev Sapieha. Until 1690 the building was made of wood, in the late 17th century a stone building, which includes a church, monastery building, school building and outbuildings. School theater and music school worked when collegium was here. It was written by "code of Orsha" - collection of popular dramas and interludes of Baroque.
In the 1820s Orsha Jesuit College ceased to exist. The building was converted into a prison. Today Children's Library. Korotkevich, an art gallery with an exhibition hall, the City Executive Committee Department of Culture is at the restored three-storey main building housed.reveal all text