Monument to R.Traugutt
Monument to R.Traugutt was opened June 17, 1928, on the initiative of the director of the teachers seminary in Svisloch Boleslav Boris. The monument is made of local materials - isinglass-stone, with the metal parts: a portrait of Traugutt and eagle. On the bronze tablet with a medallion national hero is the inscription: «Romuald Traugutt - countrymen. 1928». On the left side are placed the news of his birth and death, and on the right - two characters: God and Country (with calling this slogan the rebels went into battle).
In 1939, the monument has been actually destroyed. In 1989, a group of Grodno restorers headed by A.S. Antipin restored monument.
Romuald Traugutt was born in 1826 in the village of Shostakovo in Grodno province. He participated in the Hungarian campaign in 1848. He was awarded by the Order of St. Anne 2 nd degree. One of the leaders of the uprising of 1863-1864. In August 1864, after his arrest, he was sentenced to death by hanging. Until now, it remains unknown place of his burial.