Church of St. John the Baptist in Kamay
Church of St. John the Baptist - a monument of defensive architecture. Construction of the temple was started in 1603 year and was completed already in 1606 year by Foundation for the hero s of Khotyn battle Jan Rudomino-Dusyatskogo. Represents a square in terms of the building with a semicircular apse, flanked by two cylindrical towers with round embrasures. The height of towers 16 m, thickness greater than 5 m tower has two tiers of round embrasures, which guarded the entrance to the church. In the front wall of the church before it was possible to see the walled core of the Swedish guns. The interior hall-character codes are painted in grisaille technique, over the entrance to the gallery - the old organ, donated by church on 300th anniversary of its foundation, in the basement - the crypt.
Church of St. John the Baptist - the only church in Belarus, which is never closed, despite its impressive age, more than 400 years old.reveal all text
Individual and corporate excursions - Church of St. John the Baptist in Kamay
- Dates on request
- Duration: 11:00 hour
- certified guide services
- transport services