Vitebsk Regional Museum of the Hero of the Soviet Union M. Shmyrev
Vitebsk Regional Museum of the Hero of the Soviet Union M. Shmyrev was created in Vitebsk according to the order of the Council of Ministers of the BSSR dated February 1, 1966 and the order of the Ministry of Culture of the BSSR of March 24, 1966 "the opening and organizing of the memorial museum of the Hero of the Soviet Union M. Shmyrev" as a city museum. By the decision of the Executive Committee of the Vitebsk Regional Council of People's Deputies of December 26, 1968 the City Museum was transformed into a regional. It was opened on July 5, 1969 during the celebration of the 25th anniversary of the liberation of Belarus from Nazi invaders in a former orphanage of retired officials named after Golembiovsky (XIX - XX). The museum was guided by I. Simankov, N. Semeshina. Since 2002, the director of the museun is I. Shishkova.
The permanent exhibition is devoted to the life and work of the Hero of the Soviet Union, an honorary citizen of Vitebsk M. Shmyrev and to the guerrilla movement in the Vitebsk region.
The museum contains the following collections:
- 105 Aviation Regiment
- Brigade named after Red Banner Lenin Komsomol
- A collection of the first regional plein-air
- Stolyarov Collection
- A collection of awards
- Shmyrev Personal documents
- The first Belarusian Partisan Brigade
- The first Vitebsk Partisan Brigade
Photo - Vitebsk Regional Museum of the Hero of the Soviet Union M. Shmyrev
Exposure - Vitebsk Regional Museum of the Hero of the Soviet Union M. Shmyrev
- The exposition tells about the childhood and youth of M. Shmyrev, about his work and social activities in the pre-war period, the organization of the guerrilla movement in the former Surazhsky district during the Great Patriotic War (1941-1945).
- The exhibition is devoted to the further expansion of the partisan movement in Belarus, the release of Vitebsk and Belarus, the Victory in the Great Patriotic War.
- The exhibition tells about the work and social activities of M. Shmyrev in the postwar years.
- The exposure materials indicate people's love to the famed guerrilla commander Father Minhay.
Schedule Vitebsk Regional Museum of the Hero of the Soviet Union M. Shmyrev
- Administration 08.00 - 19.00 without days off
- Exposure 10:00 - 19:00 without days off