Museum of History of Minsk
Museum of History of Minsk established on 8 April 2010. Initially, the museum was located in the building – a monument of architecture of the nineteenth century. Located in the historic center on the territory of the Upper Town. The basis of the collections of the Museum collection of archaeological excavations is put Minsk XI – XIX centuries (ceramics, leather, bone, wood, metal, jewelery, numismatics, etc.). Collections housed in 8 buildings with a total area of 2898.83 square meters.
The museum features five permanent and 5 temporary exhibitions, in which there are more than 11000 exhibits. Among them – 10 thousand items of fixed assets and more than a thousand - scientific and auxiliary.
Museum staff are involved in research activities – the constant study of the history of the city of Minsk, the development of scientific concepts expositions on «Upper Town», «Minsk City Hall», «The history of horse railway in Minsk», «History of Loshitsa estate and park complex» and other. Every year the museum spends cultural events – concerts, workshops and presentations. The museum has a souvenir products: albums, calendars, magnets, etc..
In 2012, the museum was awarded the Special Premium of the President of the Republic of Belarus for the creation of the exhibition of the Art Gallery of Mikhail Savitsky.
Photo - Museum of History of Minsk
Exposure - Museum of History of Minsk
- Workshop-Museum of Folk Artist of Belarus Ivan Misko
- City art gallery of works of L.D. Schemelёva
- Art Gallery of Mikhail Savitsky dedicated to the life and creative way of the Hero of Belarus, national artist Belarus, honorary citizen of the city of MinskM.A. Savitsky; exhibition «Minsk province. Nobility life» – is the reconstruction of the historic interiors of the XIX century. Change thematic exhibitions, events.
- Minsk City Hall exhibition «Minsk in the historic space. Mapping study» conducted removable exhibitions.
- Outbuilding of Loshitsa estate and park complex exhibition «Wheel of Time», urban objects of material and spiritual culture of the late XIX - mid XX century. change exhibitions.
- Karetnaya reveals the history cartage in Minsk of XIX - first quarter of the XX century.
- Archaeological Museum change thematic exhibitions.
Schedule Museum of History of Minsk
- Administration 09:00 - 18:00 weekend Saturday, Sunday
- Cash 11:00 - 18:30 weekend Monday, Tuesday
- Exposure 11:00 - 19:00 weekend Monday, Tuesday