ekskursii.by

Belarusian excursion portal

Monument to military units in Bobruisk

To book a tour

Type: Monuments, Pilgrimage places Date of Foundation: 1965 year Status: Regional value Republic of Belarus, Mogilev region, Bobruisk, Socialisticheskaya Str. 119

There is a monument in a picturesque park in the center of Bobruisk. It is a wall with a marble plaque and a red Soviet flag dipped before it. This monument was erected in honor of military units and formations that took an active part during the liberation of the city from the Nazis during World War II.

Troops of the 1st Belarusian Front defeated the enemy in Bobruisk in summer 1944. Belarusian city was completely liberated from the invaders on 29th June the same year. In the military operation took part the 108th, 250th and 348th infantry divisions, the 9th tank corps, the 95th, the 108th tank and 8th motorized infantry brigades, the 313th guards mortar regiment of the 3rd Army; the 17th and the 137th infantry divisions, the 42nd tank separate line and the 1987th artillery regiments of the 48th Army, the 115th separate infantry brigade, the 311th guards mortar and the 922nd artillery regiments of the 65th Army, the 3rd bomber and the 8th fighter air corps of the 16th Air Army, the 1st brigade of river vessels and the 2nd separate armored guard division of the Dnieper Flotilla, the 66th regiment of communication of the 1st Belarusian Front. On 5th July, 1944 by Order of the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of the USSR these military units and formations were honored with the title Military units and formations of Bobruisk.

The monument was erected in Bobruisk in 1965. Its height is about 2.5 m, the width - 10 m.

reveal all text

Photo - Monument to military units in Bobruisk

Individual and corporate excursions - Monument to military units in Bobruisk

Location map - Monument to military units in Bobruisk

Address Republic of Belarus, Mogilev region, Bobruisk, Socialisticheskaya Str. 119 GPS Google: 53.139286′ N, 29.225886′ E