The sacred and Bogoyavlensky Kuteinsky monastery in Orsha
Kucein Epiphany Monastery is Orthodox Monastery belongs to the Vitebsk Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church. It was built in the first half of the 17th century. The complex consisted of Holy Epiphany Cathedral, St. Dukhovskaya church, the bell tower, the monastery and outbuildings.
In 1630 the printing house was established in the monastery, it was the largest at that time in Belarus. In 1631 a printer Spiridon Sobol released first «Primer» in the Belarusian language here. St. Athanasius of Brest, St. George (Konissky), King Nicholas II, who St. Seraphim Zhirovitsky visited the monastery of Kucein.
In 1917 the monastery was closed and destroyed. Churches, bell towers destroyed. In 1992 the monastery was restored. In 1995 Holy Trinity Church was restored.reveal all text