The ruins of the former castle of Vyshnevetskye
The castle was built at the turn of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, by Michael Servatius Vyshnevetsky . The plan had the shape of a rough rectangle, with five bastions, was surrounded by a shaft with a wooden palisade. On three sides of the castle surrounded by a moat, and the fourth side it was protected by the river Yaselda. The area of the castle took about 6 hectares, the garrison consisted of up to 700 people. The fortress was taken during the Great Northern War, burned and destroyed.
In May 1706, the castle was surrounded by Swedish army under General Meyrfeld, who had heavy artillery. But the castle was taken without a fight - Swedes bribed the commandant of the fortress, the German Boatman. On the orders of Charl XII, the castle was destroyed, the military arsenal was thrown into the river and the moat.
From the castle preserved only earthworks, foundations and part of the gate of the palace. On the grounds of the castle are the core, bayonets, guns parts, various utensils, in small amounts - coins.