All Saints Church in Turov
The Church was built in 1810 of wood. Church consists of three carcass: rectangular arches, the main volume and the altar apse built of timber on the foundation and covered with tin. The walls are covered with the outside boards, cut rectangular window. First, all three of the framework had hipped end with decorative heads and crosses. Rebuilding the Temple In the XX century end gable roofs were replaced. Then from the west to the porch adjusted later bunk belfry (octagon on the quadrangle) completed pavilion roof. All rooms are connected by large openings (rectangular in the porch and clipped corners of the altar.) Altar part is separated from the bulk of the two tiers carved iconostasis. Royal gates decorated rocaille and rosettes.
Church - wood architecture monument. The object historical and cultural heritage is included in the State List historical and cultural heritage of the Republic of Belarus.
Turov crosses are made of stone in the twelfth century are revealed in Turov, and
surrounding villages Veresnica, Pogost, Pererov, Hlupin, Strozhevcy and others.
Are a symbol of faith and the object of religious worship for Christians. Local
residents were hung on crosses ribbon lamp, covered their handkerchiefs to donate
foot of the cross coins, Suvorov, meat, fish, birds, and went to them in procession.
According to legend, Turov crosses sailed down the Dnieper and Pripyat from Kiev and protect against disease.
Total there were more than ten crosses a height of 1 to 2 m and a width 0.6-0.7 m. The most famous is Turov or Holy Cross, standing in a cemetery in Pogost on the bank Pripyat. Now stored in the Gomel Regional Museum. There are also two and Cross with Turov Sts cemetery. Crosses over into the villages to visit and Veresnica were built chapel. Some crosses are in Turov Church of All Saints.reveal all text