Pushkin Bridge - pedestrian bridge across the river Vitba.
Located in the heart of the city, connects the street Pushkin and Tolstoy street. Built in 1961 year. Named in honor of the Russian poet Alexander Pushkin.
First bridge at this place (only 30-40 meters closer to the mouth of Vitba) was built in the 1860-70s years. It was a wooden bridge on stilts. Because of the poor quality of construction the bridge very quickly came to the improper condition. By the end of the XIX century, due to constant repairs, it was an unsafe for walking a narrow footbridge. In the late 1890s years, was rebuilt, and made of wood.
Pushkin bridge has an arched bridge design. The bridge - 28 feet. In the second half of the 2000s years there was a wedding tradition is a sign of eternal love and indissoluble marriage to hang on to the bridge lock and key from a throw in Vitba. Also, the older tradition, the bride groom should move across the bridge on their hands.
The reconstruction of the bridge was in summer and autumn of 2010 year. Asphalt coating is replaced by a tile, upgraded bridge deck, railings restored. At the entrance to the bridge are 4 metal sculptures of lions. The bridge became a pedestrian.
In 2010-2011 years, the bridge is installed decorative lighting.reveal all text