Memorial «Border guards»
Monument «Border guards» is sitiated at the intersection of Masherov Avenue and Lenin Street, and opposite the Museum of saved values. is located.
Interestingly the monument to the heroes of the border guards was erected on an ancient pagan burial mound; closely is Square of guards.
Memorial border complex was renovated on the basis of monument «Border guards» (1972, sculptor M. Altschuler, architects A. Gorbachev and Nikolai Milovidov) in 2001 with funds collected personnel group of veterans of the border troops of the Republic of Belarus and other donations. Boundary pillars are on the right and left of the monument on which the defenders of the Motherland represented: Belyaev Ivan, Zavidov Alexander, Kublashvili Varlam, Barsukov Ivan, Kizhevatov Andrew Mitrofanovich, Novikov Aleksey Aleksandrovich, Kofanov Gregory, Garmaev Garmazhap.
Actually the monument is a memorial sign: his memorial plaque is written: «Heroes of the border guards who fell in the battles for the Motherland in 1941-1945».reveal all text