ekskursii.by

Belarusian excursion portal

Mosque in Ive

To book a tour

Type: Mosques, Wooden architecture Date of Foundation: 1884 year Status: Republican value Republbic of Belarus, Grodno region, Iv`e, Sovetskaya str., 76
The Iwe mosque is a monument of wooden architecture. It was built in 1884 out of donations of the owner Ivya E. Zamoyskaya. It represents a rectangular building in form with a five-edged primitive mihrab with a hipped roof. The interior is divided into the male and female halves with separate entrances.

Ive was unofficially considered the capital of the Belarusian Tatars. Throughout the Soviet period, the Iwe mosque was the only one operating in Belarus. For 120 years it was not affected by the war or the Ivie fires. reveal all text

Photo - Mosque in Ive

Individual and corporate excursions - Mosque in Ive

Location map - Mosque in Ive

Address Republbic of Belarus, Grodno region, Iv`e, Sovetskaya str., 76 GPS Google: 53.922278′ N, 25.773011′ E