ekskursii.by

Belarusian excursion portal

Holy Trinity Church in Mir

To book a tour

Type: Churches Style: Neorussian Date of Foundation: 1533 - 1550 yy Status: Republican value Republic of Belarus, Grodno region, Korelichi district, Mir, Krasnoarmeyskaya street, 2

Holy Trinity Church - a monument of Belarusian architecture of the XVI century. It is located in Mir - near Mirsky Castle.

Holy Trinity Church was built in 1533-1550 under the guidance of Duke Nicholas Radziwill Sirotka - a statesman and a military man of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. More than a half century later it became a Uniate church in the Basilian monastery. And since 1839 it has begun to preach Orthodoxy.

In the second half of he XIX century Holy Trinity Church was damaged by fire and later it was reconstructed. Today it is a 5-domed cross-shaped church, consisting of four rooms: a vestibule-belfry, a refectory, a hall for prayers and an apse with a vestry in the form of semicircle.

reveal all text

Photo - Holy Trinity Church in Mir

Individual and corporate excursions - Holy Trinity Church in Mir

Location map - Holy Trinity Church in Mir

Address Republic of Belarus, Grodno region, Korelichi district, Mir, Krasnoarmeyskaya street, 2 GPS Google: 53.454717′ N, 26.467314′ E