Catholic church of the Nativity Virgin Mary in Braslav
Braslavsky Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary is a monument of Romanesque architecture. It was built in the late XIX century from the rubble stone and bricks. It capitally reconstructed in 1897. After World War II it closed. In 1967 it opened and restored.
The church is venerated image of the «Virgin», which according to legend survived the fire in 1832 that destroyed the monastery of Basilian lake Nespish on the island. There are a few ideas about saving icons. She was found the next day after a fire at a nearby ostrove. It was found the next day after a fire at a nearby island. Ikona several times transferred to Braslavsky church, but each time he appeared at the old place. Someone advised to have the icon of the temple thieves, who repented of their sins. That helped.
The church became a sanctuary in 2000. In 2009 the icon was crowned. reveal all text