Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary in Pruzhany
Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary was built in 1883 in neo-classical style. Consecrated on September 8, 1884.
The church was badly damaged by the First World War. After entering the territory of Western Belarus into Poland, the church was renovated in 1929—1930, respectively.
After the Second World War, the Catholic parish Pruzhany ceased to operate and in 1951 the building of the temple is located House of Culture. Temple furnishings were destroyed.
In 1993 the church building was returned to the Catholics, after the restoration was carried out. In 1998 the church was re-consecrated and opened to the public.reveal all text