Cathedral a church of the Assumption of Blessed Virgin of Maria in Pinsk
Pinsk in the Middle Ages was very popular and visited. In the XIX century city became a trade center.
Pinsk is rich architectural landmarks. Here is the cathedral church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (earlier in XVII-XVIII centuries there was the Franciscan monastery).
Church of the Assumption was built on the site of the temple of the XVI century in Baroque stile. Catholic church has three naves and two-towered. The church is different modesty. The corners of the building are decorated with beautiful pediment. The monastery is one of the most magnificent architectural ensembles of the Baroque style of Belarus. On the south side of the church two-and three-story buildings adjoin to the church that are forming courtyards.
The pride of the church is the painting ”Madonna of Pinsk”
(”Mother of God is sad”). Church is known for its organ, one of the oldest
in Belarus. In 1836 he was designed by master Adalbertus Grodnitsky.
The organ consists of a 1498 metal and wooden pipes of different sizes.
Currently, the convent buildings located mezheparhialnaya Graduate Theological Seminary of St. Thomas Aquinas.