Stolin ethnographic museum
Stolin District Local History Museum was established by decision of the Executive Committee Stolinsky 08/01/1953, the first exhibition opened its doors to visitors, the 05/11/1955 It was located in a two story building in the center of Stolin (demolished in 2008). Since 1976, the museum works in one of the most picturesque corners of the landscape and the landscape park "Mankovichi", which is a legacy of long-standing magnate family Radziwill (founded in 1885) and is one of the monuments of national importance. For a long time the existence of the institution has collected many artifacts that have important cultural and historical significance to Stolin. As of 01.01.2013 the museum totaled 22 720 museum items (15285 and 7435 general fund - scientific support). The most fully in a modern museum collections of coins, bonistics, faleristics, documentary photographs, prints. Each year, the museum replenished 300-350 items of museum value. Great assistance in the completion of the museum collections have locals.
Today, the museum has been in third in a row exhibition inaugurated 11.12.2005 It was deployed in 6 halls: nature, archeology, history (3 rooms) and ethnography. The total exhibition area of 208 m2. In terms of chronological exposition covers the historical period from 7-8 millennium BC. e. (Mesolithic) to the present day. In the hall of nature invariably attract the attention of visitors diorama "Olmanskie swamp", which reflects one of the main natural attractions of our region, taxidermy sculptures of large animals, fully presented collections of insects and fish. In the hall of archeology - even unique for the republic collection of stone axes. Among the most interesting exhibits of the historical part of the exhibition: a table, a chair and household items Radziwill princely family, a chair handmade 18th century., Avital collection of weapons and firearms, handbrake and belts, a collection of photographs of the mountains. David Borough-1920-1930-ies. Local photo-MA Zubei and original stamp of its own workshop, Radziwill family tree, Maxim machine gun, etc. Completes exposition hall ethnography, which is interesting, for example, collections of ceramics Gorodnyansky, parking brake, weaving. From 2008 to 2012. at the parent institution appeared 3 branches: the museum-estate in the village potter Gorodnaya, museums - national glory of the camp Rechica and history of the city of David-Gorodok. Besides being Stolin District Local History Museum is the focal point of a number of public museums Stolin.
Museum Awards: Diploma Stolinsky executive committee "Best Cultural Institution for 2011." District Hall of Fame. The museum has one museum structure. The number of permanent exhibitions: 6, temporary / mobile displays: 2. The total number of museum objects: 22720, of which the main fund 15285, scientific support 7435.
The main efforts of the research work in 2013 decided to send to the study
insufficiently investigated page as far as the history of the district and near
the center - the city of Stolin.
The work plans specifically for 2013 appear on several topics:
- "Stolin in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and the period of stay in the Russian Empire - to 460-th anniversary of the first mention in written sources Stolina";
- "City of Stolin in the period of post-war reconstruction of the national economy: 1944-1950-ies" - to 460-year anniversary of the city;
- "Traces of the national liberation movement of the earth Stolin." Operational occasion - 365 years of anti-Catholic and anti-feudal uprising in Township Davydov and neighborhood, the 150th anniversary of the beginning of antytsarskaga uprising of 1863-1864 and the fight on the ground troops Stolin R. Traugutt;
- "The civilian population of the city Stolina affected by the Nazis during the temporary occupation of the city in 1941-1944." - The 70th anniversary of the liberation of Stolin district and from the Nazi invaders.
The museum hosts cultural events, including: lectures "are named after them ..." - Brief Introduction of personalities, which are named in honor of the regional center of the street; lectures "Manor of ensembles Stolin late XIX - early XX centuries", spend 1 times a quarter in school and gymnasium in Stolina that introduces students to the manor and park ensembles Stolin, which are in the broad sense of cultural monuments; lecture "A Brief History of the armed forces of the Republic of Belarus", spend 1 per year in school and gymnasium in Stolina , which tells about the historical path of the Armed Forces of Belarus. Apart from lectures held museum pedagogical lesson "What reflect icons" held one every six months in the walls of the museum, on the basis of a permanent exhibition of icon painting of the XIX century. The purpose of training - to familiarize students with the contents of the icon, as well as their manufacturing techniques. Night of Museums (the International Museum Day on May 18) - is a traditional event that puts the goal to promote the museum and show something interesting out of his stock, and not on display in the museum exhibition. 1 conducted once a year in the walls of the museum (admission - free). Also one time per quarter in school and gymnasium in Stolina Held history and local lore and informative quiz "Know your land," which sets a goal of a fascinating talk about the shape of the natural, historical and cultural uniqueness of Stolin district.
Exposure - Stolin ethnographic museum
- Nature Stolin District consists of 540 items. Displaying representatives of flora and fauna that live in the district as well as minerals that are found in the area.
- Hall of Archaeology just Museum - 686 in the exhibition - the hundred and seventieth The hall is shown Period populated territory area (with a stone on the Iron Age). Each period presented their stands and showcases
- Hall 1 stories Collections of weapons, coins, bonistics, faleristics etc (246 exhibits). Shows the history of the area from the medieval period (since the formation of settlements in the area) until 1939 (the reunification of West and East of Belarus). In this room visitors have the opportunity to see the most important historical processes that occur in the area. Separately presented by well-known Belarusian influential tycoons race Radziwill, who owned part of the lands of modern Stolin district.
- Hall 2 stories. Hall of the Great Patriotic War Collections: Weapons, faleristics, documents (Exhibit 133). Room is devoted to the events of the Great Patriotic War, which took place in the district, from the moment of temporary occupation by Nazi troops - to liberation of Stolin, and recovery of the economy in 1950.
- 3rd room stories ”The post-war and post-development stage.” Collections: everyday objects, photographs, documents, etc. faleristics consists of 255 exhibits. Room is devoted to the development of the Stolin district, since the merger of David-Gorodok and Stolin districts.
- hall of ethnography Collections: clothing, household items, etc. (177 exhibits). In the hall of Ethnography every visitor has the opportunity to see everyday objects used by the residents of the area in the XIX - early. XX centuries. As well as examples of folk costumes that existed in different communities of the district.
Schedule Stolin ethnographic museum
- Administration 09:00 - 17:30 weekend Monday
- Cash 09:00 - 17:30 weekend Monday
- Exposure 09:00 - 17:00 weekend Monday