ekskursii.by

Belarusian excursion portal

The building is a former bank in Kobrin

To book a tour

Type: The square and urban development Date of Foundation: 1 century Status: Regional value Kobrin, Сentral square

The building is a former bank in Kobrin on the famous central square. Since ancient times, the area was officially called the Castle, but people called it Banking. The area is adjacent to the shore Muhavec that previously housed the Lower Castle. Later housed the city council and town hall. A popular and pretty tenacious entire area was called "The Castle", although the castle itself no longer existed. In the XVIII century the area was called the Haymarket, then Commandant. In the sixties of the XIX century on the part of her was erected Orthodox Cathedral, and in 1912 next to a building built noble bank loan. Perhaps this is why people and the whole area was called Banking. The building has architectural value, is made in a classic style with elements of classicism.

reveal all text

Photo - The building is a former bank in Kobrin

Location map - The building is a former bank in Kobrin

Address Kobrin, Сentral square GPS Google: 52.213773′ N, 24.35996′ E