Friendship mound in honor of Belarusian, Latvian and Russian partisans
Friendship mound , - a monument to the heroism and courage of the Belarusian, Russian and Latvian partisans, who fought together against the fascist troops - opened July 3, 1959.
Located at the junction of Belarus, Latvia and Russia regions have been occupied just in the first days or weeks of the beginning of the Great Patriotic War. Here began to create armed groups, that attacked the German invaders, distributed leaflets, supporting the locals trust in victory. In the spring of 1942 was created military cooperation Belarusian, Latvian and Russian, and by the autumn of the same year are stipulated the objective conditions for the creation of partisan fraternal edges. In early 1943, as a result of the joint military operations of the three nations, had freed most of the territory, located at the junction of the BSSR, the RSFSR and the Latvian SSR. There have acted Soviet authorities, worked farms, open schools.
Friendship mound is an artificially created hill about 3 meters high, with a diameter of 6 meters. In the middle of the hill rising young oak. By the top of the hill are stone steps, which are a continuation of lanes from three sides: from the Russian side - maple, Latvia - linden, and Belarus - birch. There are three granite slabs on the hill, which are inscriptions in three languages (Belarusian, Russian and Latvian), that say, that the Friendship mound was erected at the junction of the borders of the Soviet fraternal republics after the undying fighting friendship, that in the years of the Great Patriotic war was sealed by the blood of the Latvian, Russian and Belarusian partisans.