Church of St. Nicholas in Logoisk
First mentioned in 1653 year under the St. Nicholas Church updated three times. By the mid-nineteenth century it and two (Prechistinskaya and Transfiguration) is extremely dilapidated. Instead, they built a stone church in 1866 year and consecrated it in honor of St. Nicholas. The temple was built on a hill, where anciently stood Prechistinskaya church. Holds about 700 people at the same time. The iconostasis is light blue with gilded cornices and frames. There are 20 icons in two rows. Particularly revered icon of Logoisk Virgin in a silver frame. It is written on the board on a gold background with ancient plant ornaments of beaten work.
In the 80s years of last century, the walls of the church were beautifully painted by master painters of Sergiev Posad. The painting of the altar - the theme of the Holy Eucharist, the church - the Apocalypse. Among the many images of saints are the faces of Belarus. Not a single church in the diocese of Minsk has such a rich painting. At the foot of the church - the spring with the healing water, consecrated by Metropolitan Filaret and swimming pool.reveal all text