Memorial complex «Breakthrough»
The memorial complex "Breakthrough" - a memorial on the spot where the partisans of Polotsk-Lepel zone broke through the enemy blockade on May 5, 1944 at 7 km from the town Ushachi. It was opened June 30, 1974. Anikeichik is the sculptor of the monument, Gradov and Levin are the architects.
At this place 16 partisan brigades headed by the future Hero of the Soviet Union Lobanok broke out of the encirclement and fought with punitive detachments before the arrival of Soviet Army. Together with the partisans were able to free themselves and more than 15 thousand civilians.
At the beginning of the road leading to the memorial, on the right on reinforced concrete podium placed a bronze plate embossed card with partisan defense scheme on 11 April 1944 and the inscription: "The partisan connection Polotsk-Lepel area after long fierce battles against the Nazi punitive in May 1944 in villages Pliny and Paperin made legendary breakthrough enemy blockade. There were 17 195 against 60,000. The courage of the people won. Death has become immortal". The complex is a 11-meter concrete wall, split into two parts. In the center - a bronze figure of a partisan. To the right of the sculpture are 33 memorial plates with the names of the heroes of 1450, who died during the siege and breakthrough. At the top of buried 450 partizans from among those who died during the breakout. Immediately located pyramid of three rifles and ribbon with the inscription: "They fell in the fight with the enemy, performing their sacred duty to the Soviet homeland and history." Concreted section of the route on which the guerrillas were on break, a bronze relief map with the scheme of defense guerrilla zone. On a hill planted 16 oak trees, symbolizing resistance 16 partisan brigades.
The memorial complex "Breakthrough" - one of the most significant works of monumental art of the BSSR.reveal all text